Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
Jun 6, 2023, 4:21 PM | Updated: Jun 22, 2023, 4:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for multiple areas in northern Utah, including:
- southwestern Weber County
- southern Box Elder County
- western Davis County
- northern Tooele County
This warning will remain in place through 4:45 p.m. according to the National Weather Service. As predicted, some areas saw hail and powerful wind.
“Sixty-mile-an-hour winds, we’ve had hail,” said KSL Meteorologist Kevin Eubank, “rain, we’ve had anywhere from a quarter of an inch at Stansbury Park to a third of an inch in Erda.”
The concern is the potential for 60-mile-per-hour wind gusts which could greatly impact roofs, siding, and trees in the above areas.
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths